Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

One of my life's goals has been to get lost in a cornfield.  Well, not really get lost in one, so much as to be able to get lost in one.  To my delight, Thanksgiving Weekend at my parent's held a wonderful surprise: a giant cornfield right beside our house!

Monday, Lieneke and I disappeared into the field loaded with only our cameras (I didn't even bring the GPS!).  After stalking each other through the stalks for a while (get it?), we settled into some serious picture taking.  Little did we know, we were not alone!  A feriocious wildcat had been shadowing us for some time and was preparing to pounce!  



Luckily, Lieneke noticed it in the nick of time, shouted a warning, and attempted to shot it with her camera (she missed).  Thankfully, I know a thing or two about taming wildcats, and I soon had it purring in the sun.  What can I say?  Aneke to the rescue!




No comments: