Friday, August 7, 2009

I Want to Sit With My Friends

This is an imaginary conversation that took place in one of my students' writing assignments. I enjoyed it so much that I thought I'd share. Once again all names, except mine, have been changed to protect privacy.

Student: I really want to get back to a group with my friends again. So Mrs Carruthers why don't you put up back in a group?
Mrs Carruthers: Well, I know you guys will start talking again.
Student: But if you can find it in your heart to put us back in a group please. Please give us a second chance. But just give it a second chance, please.
Mrs Carruthers: I'm still not going to put you back in a group.
Student: But why are you still separating us when we are sometimes quiet?

PS Johnny [the student sitting beside him] bugs me a lot.
PPS You should chat with him. He does not do his work. He plays games. He talks too much too.

I really enjoy the last line of the conversation where the student says, "We are
sometimes quiet."

No comments: