Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Chess

I (Aneke) learned to play Chess today, AND I won both games! I must admit that winning the first game was likely just beginner's luck since I had no idea what I was doing, but the second I won fair and square.
Well, mostly fair and square. It is probable that doing things like trucking the little tower piece diagonally across the entire board may have made it difficult for Tim to anticipate my next move; trying to remember what each of the pieces is allowed to do can be quite confusing! Luckily, Tim patiently and kindly corrected my mistakes (HEY! What do you think you're doing?!)

I'm sure that the next couple of weeks will be joyously filled with many more Chess games, and if I am indeed on a winning streak, I will be sure to mention it in future posts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suppose chess can be quite challenging, although you wouldn't find it so. I mean come on, you cheated during "Go Fish!" I will admit it is a bit more difficult to cheat at chess, unless of course you are playing against Tim who is easily distracted by your intrinsic beauty...